Mappillai Samba Semi Red Rice
₹154.00 – ₹699.00
Mappillai Samba, also called ‘Bride Groom Rice’ and possessing the name Red Rice, is commonly found in Tamil Nadu. It can be eaten on a daily basis, like regular rice.
Mappillai samba rice Rich in iron, manganese, phosphorus, molybdenum, magnesium, and zinc. Mappilai samba, red rice Strengthens muscles and nerves
Mappillai Samba Idly Rice Semi-Polished rice
Farmers in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu primarily cultivate Mappillai Samba Idly Rice, a traditional rice variety. This rice, traditionally served at Tamil weddings, takes its name from the Tamil word for son-in-law, “mappillai.”
Red rice, or brown rice, possesses a unique flavor, aroma, and texture. People often describe it as having a nutty flavor and a slightly chewy texture. Samba rice, or Kerala red rice, is a popular choice for a wide range of dishes, including biryanis, pulaos, and idlis.
This rice is also considered to be a healthy rice variety as it is rich in antioxidants, minerals, and dietary fiber. It is also believed to have several medicinal properties. It is used in traditional medicine to treat various ailments. Of all types of Indian rice varieties, it is one of the healthiest options for all age groups.
Benefit of red Rice: Mappilai samba Rice
- Low carbohydrate and sugar contents than in other white rice make it a good rice for diabetic patients.
- Antioxidants included in rice support a stronger immune system and shield the body from sickness.
- Regular consumption of red rice cures nervous weakness and provides high energy.
- Mappillai samba rice is a good source of iron and zinc. Iron contributes to the production of myoglobin and hemoglobin. Myoglobin and hemoglobin deliver oxygen to muscles and tissues, keeping the body high in energy.
- It also contains pro-anthocyanins, which help reduce cholesterol and hyperglycemia.
Red rice recipe
- Batter for Idli and Dosa: Mappilai Samba rice, or Kerala red rice, is an essential ingredient in classic South Indian morning dishes like dosa and idli. It gives the batter a unique flavor and texture.
- Payasam and Kheer: You can make delicious, creamy payasam and kheer. This makes for a rich and tasty dessert since the rice takes up the milk’s flavors so effectively. Add palm jaggery or normal jaggery powder to enhance the taste.
- You can make traditional health drinks, such as kanji, a rice porridge. It improves immunity and facilitates digestion.
Click here to watch the recipe video: Mappilai Samba Veg Pulav
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.