Millets (Pearl / Kambu) are a family of small-seeded grasses that are grown and eaten as a staple meal in many countries, particularly in India, Africa, and Asia. One of the most extensively cultivated and consumed millets in India is pearl millet, also known as bajra in Hindi and kambu in Tamil.
Health Benefits of Millets (Pearl / Kambu):
- Pearl millet is a good source of essential nutrients such as fiber, protein, calcium, magnesium, and iron.
- Pearl millet is naturally gluten-free, making it an ideal food for people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
- Lower chance of developing chronic conditions such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and several cancers.
- Due to its low glycemic index, pearl millet may be advantageous for diabetics since it can help control blood sugar levels.
- A good food for people wanting to lose weight. It has a high fiber content that can aid in promoting feelings of fullness and reducing hunger.
- Pearl millet is simple to digest and a wonderful substitute for other grains that could upset your stomach.
- Vegetable Pancakes
Steps for making dosa:
- Soak urad dal in water for 2-3 hours and grind it to a smooth batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together pearl millet flour, rice flour, urad dal batter, and salt.
- Add water and make a smooth batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it with oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter and spread it in a circular motion.
- Cook on medium flame until the bottom turns golden brown.
- Flip the dosa and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or tomato chutney.
For a recipe, click the link.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.