A cook prepares Red Rice Laddu-Mapillai Samba by mixing maippilai samba red rice flour, jaggery, ghee, and cardamom powder to form a dough, which is then shaped into small balls and served as a sweet snack.”
Red Rice Laddu-Mapillai Samba
“Farmers cultivate mappilai samba, a traditional rice variety that is known for its high nutritional value and is drought-resistant, primarily in the southern parts of India, particularly in Tamil Nadu. The rice is often served during special occasions such as weddings due to its cultural significance.”
The name “mappilai samba” translates to “bridegroom’s rice” in English, and it is often served during special occasions such as weddings. Mappilai samba is also preferred by many farmers as it is a drought-resistant variety that can withstand harsh weather conditions.
- This Rice is a good source of essential nutrients like carbohydrates, dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- The dietary fiber in Mappillai Samba Rice helps to lower cholesterol levels in the body, which reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Promotes digestion: Rich in dietary fiber, which promotes healthy digestion and prevents constipation.
- Rice contains antioxidants that help to boost the immune system and protect the body against diseases.
- Rice has a low glycemic index. Because of this, it does not cause a rapid increase in blood sugar levels. This makes it a good option for people with diabetes or those at risk of developing the condition.
- Mappillai Samba Rice is low in calories and high in dietary fiber. This makes it a good option for people who are trying to lose weight.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.