₹109.00 – ₹199.00
Earn 1 - 2 point upon purchasing this product.
- Browntop millet relieves constipation and helps detoxify the body.
- It helps control high blood pressure
- It acts as a probiotic for respiratory diseases
- It is also recommended for skin problems and arthritis
- It is also highly recommended for people with stomach ulcers and colon cancer
BrownTop Millets/Kulasaamai, also known as Kulasaamai, are a type of millet that are commonly consumed in South India. They are a rich source of nutrients like protein, fiber, and minerals.
Health benefits of BrownTop Millets/Kulasaamai:
- Rich in nutrients, brown top millets are a good source of protein, dietary fibre, vitamins, and minerals. Magnesium, a mineral critical for the maintenance of strong bones, muscles, and nerves, is particularly abundant in them.
- Weight management aid: BrownTop millets are a fantastic option for people trying to lose weight. They have a lot of fibre and little calories, which can make you feel fuller for longer and eat fewer calories overall.
- Helps manage diabetes
- Gluten-free: Since BrownTop millets are naturally gluten-free,making they are a great option for people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
- Boosts immunity:BrownTop millets are a strong source of antioxidants and other nutrients that can help increase resistance to disease.
Here are a few recipes that you can make using BrownTop Millets or Kulasaamai:
BrownTop Millet Khichdi:
- 1 cup BrownTop Millets
- 1/2 cup moong dal
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Rinse BrownTop Millets and Moong Dal together in water.
- In a pressure cooker, add the rinsed millet and dal mixture with 2 cups of water, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Pressure cook on medium heat for 3–4 whistles or until cooked.
- In a pan, heat ghee over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, grated ginger, asafoetida, and green chilli. Sauté for a minute.
- Add the cooked millet-dal mixture to the pan and mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with pickle, curd, or chutney
Watch the browntop millet recipe
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.