Earn 1 point upon purchasing this product.
- Foxtail millet has a lot of fiber, which can relieve constipation and regulate digestion
- It helps with weight loss. Fibres in this millet keep you going on with your day feeling fuller. That way, it will decrease your appetite, and you will end up reducing your weight.
- Foxtail, Thinai, and Kangni also help to achieve stronger Bones
- It strengthens the nervous system and boosts cardiac health
- It helps manage diabetes and lowers bad Cholesterol
10 in stock
The cereal grain Foxtail millet /Thinai, often called Italian millet, is widely cultivated in Asia and Africa. It is a widely consumed meal in India, China, and other Southeast Asian nations, where it is frequently used to prepare bread, porridge, and other foods.
Foxtail millet/Thinai Benefits:
- It is a fantastic substitute for those who have celiac disease because it is naturally gluten-free.
- It has a low glycemic index and increase in blood sugar levels.
- Dietary fibre, which can help manage blood sugar levels, decrease cholesterol, and aid digestion, is present.
- A good source of vitamins and minerals like iron, magnesium, and phosphorus
- Due to its low calorie content and high fibre content, it can aid in weight loss by making you feel fuller for longer.
Foxtail Millet Khichdi
- Rinse the foxtail millet and moong dal and soak them in water for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add onions, ginger and saute until onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped tomato and sauté until it turns mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, salt to taste, drained foxtail millet and moong dal. Mix well.
- Add 4 cups of water and pressure cook for 4 whistles on high flame.
- Let the pressure release naturally.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Watch Foxtail Millets Recipe